So this summer I had a choice of working on either Saturdays or Sundays. My love of weekly Sunday brunch (not a joke…) and pilates sesh made me choose Saturdays to work. Today I had a change in the internship schedule and had to go into the station on Saturday morning. Instead of working the other job right after, I decided to take the afternoon off and go in on Sunday instead. Having the afternoon free also meant the opportunity to finally go to the Cherry Creek Farmer’s Market!!!
I always loved the farmer’s market since the first time I went, and today just reaffirmed my love for the tent filled parking lot. Here are some of my favorite finds of the day:
1. Wee Bites– Chicken Curry Puff equals to diiiiie for.
2. Waffle Brothers– the sweetest, dough-iest waffle I have had in a long while. The kiosk is located at Skyline Park downtown and now I’m really wanting to go there.
3. Colorado Honey Company– picked me up some tasty Pink Lemonade honey sticks… yum!
4. Udi’s– grabbed a Bluberry Scone that I can’t wait to eat for breakfast tomorrow!
5. Vuka– a new type of natural energy drink, I really liked the Workout and Awaken kinds… Only downside? $3.50 a bottle 😦
This list could go on and on and on… Basically I was in heaven and am so happy I finally had a chance to go! The best part? Free samples. I probably made four rounds before going home, everything was too tasty to pass up and I got to try new bites from all around Colorado! I tried tamales, cream puffs, raspberry cider, caramel covered cinnamon rolls, raw cheesecake (yes… raw), sweet potato cookies, salsas, bread dips, and fruit!
Basically, if you haven’t been, you’r missing out! And there’s more all over Colorado on other days than Saturday.
So what are you waiting for?